Wednesday, January 13, 2010

MRI

Just got home from my appt w/ Dr. B. I just LOVE her. She makes you feel like you're the only patient she's got. We combed over the recent events with knee and ankle and she's totally supportive of helping me run this marathon so I can cross MY finish line. I told her about my visit with her partner and before I could even say very much, she gave me a knowing look and said she knows and she gets where I'm coming from, etc. Did I mention how much I just LOVE her? She's qualified for the national something or other in horse something or other and could completely relate with the goal and with being a mom.

We're doing an MRI on both my knee and ankle tomorrow and we'll make a plan asap. She said every day counts with our timeline so she'll give me results and we'll make a plan by phone if we need to. Unfortunately, part of that plan is likely cortisone injections (yes, that's plural) into the IT band at the knee (can I just say ouch!?). Probably one very soon and one before the marathon. Meanwhile, she's put me on oral cortisone to try to get a jumpstart on swelling even before the MRI tomorrow. I'll do any amount of injections or whatever if it means I can do this marathon! I'm just thankful it's at least still on the table. I'm hoping it's not a stress fracture, etc,. That could take the marathon off the table...for now anyway.

On other fronts, Luke starts his speech therapy on Friday morning! We're all so excited. We're starting with twice a week. He's been attempting more words lately. They're usually one sound out of the whole word, but he gets his meaning across. My sweet boy. We'll see what kinds of tricks Mrs. Katie has up her sleeve.

Danielle has a big 4 day swim meet this weekend. They're fun to watch, but it's going to be a long weekend with preliminaries and finals. She's hoping to qualify in a couple more events for Senior Champs which is next month. She's practicing 3 hours per day, 6 days a week. She'd do more if she could.

Jake is struggling with insomnia a little again. We'll see if the upping of his vitamins impacts it soon. You should see his hair. He likes it this way, but he looks like a mad scientist. Jake is crossing over from Cub Scouts into Boy Scouts next month. I can't believe he's 11 and is going to be a middle schooler next year.

Allie wants to plow ahead into 1st grade work and cursive. She's making up her own cursive. It's adorable. I'll have to take a picture of it and share. I have to say she has neater writing than her older siblings. Hmmm...maybe I ought to have them repeat the writing practice.

I don't do new year's resolutions, but if I did I think I'd have to make it spending more time in the Word. We had a great day Monday and, of course, we started with prayer and a devotion. A timer works wonders, too.

I adore my children. I adore my children. I adore my children. Bickering drives me crazy! WHY do they have to push each other's buttons the way they do. I'm so outnumbered. No wonder by the end of a day I have a stutter and a nervous tic! See why I need those runs!? Running = mental health. Okay, maybe photography, too.

Speaking of children, guess I better get back to them so we can eat lunch and finish the day's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment