Monday, December 28, 2009

New marathon mentality

Okay, so I'm a little behind...again, or, uh, still.

We just celebrated another Christmas. I can hardly even put into words how grateful I am that God is so merciful and so loving. My heart was so full of His peace...we have 4 beautiful children to hug and to hold. They are healthy and happy.

Luke is about to have his speech evaluation and once all the paperwork clears he'll start his actual therapy. He is trying to verbalize things by copying syllables and tones and points and nods to communicate. Grateful am I...

Allie is just recovering from chicken pox and is writing cute notes and reading.

Jake is reading everything he can get his hands on and will be starting chess club soon.

Danielle continues to swim and is working hard toward some big goals. I'm surprised she isn't developing gills!

John is helping finish up many projects to get us to that coveted new normal! My hero!

As for me, among my mom and teacher duties I'm having to squeeze in my marathon training. Those shoes have worked out well. No more feet problems. The marathon is on Valentine's Day (only days before I turn 40 I might add). My training is going much better. This Saturday is 24 miles. It feels so good to be able to devote a little attention to normal (okay, I know what you're thinking...24 mile runs isn't in the realm of normal!!).

We're on Christmas break this week. Wish we could have an extra week! Merry Christmas, y'all. May He fill 2010 with blessings for each of our families. May He walk alongside us, as we know He does, during every trial...

No comments:

Post a Comment