Thursday, September 24, 2009

Shoe Crumbs

Forgot to follow up about my running shoes. Well, I signed up for a marathon running group and decided no amount of gorilla glue or duct tape was going to buy any more time with my current running shoes. You know it's bad when there is a trail of, well...shoe crumbs behind you! So the new ones feel so good. Nice and cushiony. Wonder if that explains my recent foot pain-who woulda thunk it? Beginnings of plantar fasciaitis...Being that I'm turning 40 next month, I was beginning to squirm at the idea if that's what it's going to be like. So I'll blame the shoes!

I have to say, this marathon is going to be a challenge. I'm coming back from being in less than the best shape with my life the last couple of years and it's a struggle getting back up to "speed." That's okay...going to get into a new marathon mentality!

No comments:

Post a Comment