Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Flappers and Gorilla Glue

So I'm turning 40 in February. Fun. I don't feel like that could be even remotely possible. So why not run my 2nd marathon?! A triathlon probably just isn't realistic training-wise right now, so I'm going for the marathon. It's 4 days before my birthday. That's good because the day of my birthday I'll be able to eat my birthday-er...frosting. The cake part just isn't worth the calories. So just gimme my bowl of very chocolatey frosting and a spoon and I'll be happy.

So I head out on my run this morning before it's over 100 degrees-again! I take my first few steps and hear a funny flapping noise. Grr...it's my shoe! New running shoes are just not in the budget, so maybe some gorilla glue?! Duct tape? Hmmm...endless possibilities. They do make duct tape in all kinds of colors these days. Bet I could find some to match my shoe. I'll post photo documentation when I figure it out.

My husband's tennies fell apart and he actually did duct tape them! Pretty bad, though, when you have trails of tennis shoe behind you!

Packing for a short trip to cooler weather with John soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment