Sunday, May 30, 2010

Holy day

Ever have one of those days?  You know those dreams you have of going to work or school without your pants and  you're so thankful it's a dream?  You know how your mother always told you to wear only your best underwear?  Well...ever have one of those days/weeks where you're behind on everything, including laundry?  And you throw on those old holy underwear that you're not even exactly sure why you've kept. Because it's the only pair you have left...So you're thankful for them because it buys you a little time until you can get to the laundry that night. 

Well, let me tell you about my day the other day and let me start by saying this was NOT a dream, no matter how much I wished it really were.  So I did have one of those days.  Yep, on went the ratty old holy underwear (which, I repeat...I'm not even sure why I still have them).  It was a day I was busy running from one appointment to the next and feeding children in between. 
Went to the dentist.  Home with a numb mouth and all.  Check. 
Went to get allergy shots.  Check. 
Fed children.  Check. 
Got Luke down for a nap.  Check. 
Ran out the door to go to the chiropractor where I get a deep muscle massage first (by the way--it hurts but feels so much better later) and then he's able to adjust my spine.  Check. 
Arrive in time.  Whew...Check. 
Run to the bathroom because I've been running around all day and haven't had a chance.  Check...
Yep...there are the holy underwear.  Can you believe it?!!  I couldn't.  Talk about EMBARASSING.  Rachel, my deep muscle massage therapist, has to see my underwear to tuck the sheet out of the way to get to my back...oh yeah, she got a good laugh.  Good thing I can laugh at myself, too.  So...your mother really knew what she was talking about when she told you to wear only your best underwear! 

I bet you really wanted to know that.  I'm sure I'll get a good laugh out of it soon!  Lemme tell ya....throw away those holy underwear if you have them stowed away in your drawer somewhere!  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment